Rainbow Vegetable Noodle Recipe
What a gorgeous way to refuel after a beautiful busy day with Rainbow Noodles full of goodness. Select any vegetables you have in the fridge and chop finely. Personally, I like to pack as many vegetables as possible, by the time it cooks down the flavors are delicious! Even our fussy kids eat it!
1/2 Broccoli Head
100g Green Beans
1 Red Onion
1/4 Red Cabbage
1 cup spinach
1/2 Red Capsicum
4 Eggs – Scrambled
1-2 chicken breast sliced (optional)
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Garlic
2 tbs Soy Sauce
1 tbs Oyster Sauce
1. Mix 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil on medium heat in a wok.
2. Add Ginger, Garlic & Onion. Cook for 5 mins or until onion is translucent.
3. Add harder vegetables such as broccoli, green beans etc and cook for a few minutes. Add other vegetables and cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
4. Whisk the eggs and cook them like an omelet in a separate pan – once cooked, cut into slices and set aside.
5. Cut chicken breast finely and cook in a separate pan.
6. Add chicken and egg to the vegetables and stir through soy sauce and oyster sauce.
7. Take off the heat and add sesame seeds.
8. Stir through boiled egg noodles and serve.
This gorgeous dish is like eating a rainbow and is so fresh and beautiful!
Experiment and add as many types of vegetables as you can find.
Author – Kinesiologist, Carla Kaine from A Life in Progress.