Vegetable Salad or Stirfry in Minutes
I love to invent recipes that provide as much nutritional value as possible. I also love to create recipes that save me time during my busy weeks. Whether I am working from home, at the office, or studying, this mix is super high in nutrients, low in calories and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
I usually do my food prep on a sunday when I am cooking dinner. I prepare four containers for four days of the week, the fifth day is often spent going out for lunch with friends or perhaps treating myself.
- 1 head of broccoli chopped into small florets
- 1/4 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini julienned
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1-2 cups raw spinach
- 8 mushrooms finely sliced
- Rice, egg noodle or soba noodle
- Add a nut of your choice: Walnuts, Pepita and Sunflower seeds work well
- Add protein of your choice: Precook chicken a few days in advance and store separately
- Use a high quality sesame oil in a hot pan
- Add the mix
- Once vegetables soften (after 5-10 mins), add 1tbs of Soy or Tamari
- Tip into your favorite bowl and add your favorite dressing.
🥦 Your mix will last for up to 5 days if stored in quality Tupperware containers.
🥒 Put wet ingredients such as tomatoes and cucumber on the bottom and leaves on top.
🥑 Dress the salad on the morning you plan to eat it.
🍅 A raw vegetable mix is perfect to eat as a stirfry or salad and packed with nutrients!
🍗 Add your fave protein – you can also pre-prep a few days in advance and store it in a separate container.
🫕 Add either noodles or rice. I like to mix this up every week.
For more healthy recipes, make sure you follow me and sign up for my newsletter.
Author – Kinesiologist, Carla Kaine from A Life in Progress.